Cholera: NCDC gives update

Cholera: NCDC gives update

Total of  22,130 suspected cases, 526 deaths so far reported from 18 states and FCT 

 
No fewer than 22,130 suspected cases including 526 deaths from cholera have been reported as at July 22,  new updates from the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control have shown.
Statistics from the centre on the disease also showed that the suspected cases and deaths were recorded in 18 states and FCT – Benue, Delta, Zamfara, Gombe, Bayelsa, Kogi, Sokoto, Bauchi, Kano, Kaduna, Plateau, Kebbi, Cross River, Niger, Nasarawa, Jigawa, Yobe, Kwara and FCT) since the beginning of 2021.   
NCDC further disclosed that 28% of all the cases since the beginning of the year are aged 5 – 14 years while 51% are males and 49% are females
“There has been a decrease in the number of new cases in the last two weeks. Bauchi (2438), Kano (674), and Plateau (87) account for 91% of 3,519 cases reported in the last two weeks (27 and 28) 
“Since the beginning of the year, a total of 539 samples have been collected with positive cases as follows – 182 RDT positive only; 55 culture positive; 237 RDT and culture positive. The test positivity rate (TPR) for laboratory confirmation by culture is 32.2%”
Giving details about the reporting weel (Week 27) the centre disclosed that six states and FCT reported 1,634 suspected cases – Bauchi (1,074), Kano, (443), Plateau (45), Zamfara (38), Kaduna (8), Sokoto (24) and FCT (2). Of this, there are five RDT confirmed cases from Plateau (3) and Kaduna (2) States.
There were 2 deaths from Plateau state with CFR 0.1%. No new state reported cases in epi week 28 
“A total of 1,634 suspected cases were reported this week representing a 13.3% decrease compared to 1885 suspected cases recorded in week 27,” NCDC reported.

About author

You might also like

Nigeria has less than 1000 functional ambulances, Health Minister says

Minister of State for Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire, on Thursday said Nigeria had less than 1000 functional ambulances which attend to medical emergencies in the country. The minister further revealed

NEWS 0 Comments

How my kidney was harvested, 16-year old boy narrates ordeal in court

A 16-Year-Old Boy, yesterday told an FCT High Court in Zuba that he was offered N1 million by one Mr Emmanuel Olorunlaye, for his kidney to be removed at Alliance

Experts link high death rate of sudden death among Nigerians to thrombosis

as 2019 World Thrombosis Day is marked globally Nigeria joins the rest of the world today to mark the 2019 World Thrombosis Day amid startling revelation revelation that many cases of

0 Comments

No Comments Yet!

You can be first to comment this post!

Leave a Reply